Protecting Your Rights And Freedom After A Serious Felony Charge
After you have been arrested or charged with a felony, it is essential that you take your situation seriously. There are so many things at stake when you are facing a criminal matter, including your future. You should have an attorney on your side who has the skills needed to thoroughly defend you and who cares about your well-being.
At Law Offices of Bruce G. Sandmeyer, Esq., in Erie, our firm is led by highly experienced attorney and U.S. Army combat veteran Bruce Sandmeyer. With more than 25 years of experience, he is committed to helping our firm’s criminal defense clients at every stage of the case. Unlike with a public defender who may or may not return calls in a timely manner, Mr. Sandmeyer is available to answer questions whenever needed and explains all your options. You can trust that he and our firm’s staff will work hard to get you the best possible outcome and not just settle the case as quickly as possible.
Types Of Felony Cases
Our firm has extensive insight into how to handle both federal and state criminal offenses, having experience representing clients in both state and federal court. Some of the types of felony matters we often handle include:
- Violent crimes
- Murder and attempted murder
- Assault and battery
- Domestic violence
- Complex financial crimes
- Fraud (such as credit card fraud, wire fraud and mail fraud)
- Identity theft
- Grand theft auto and other theft offenses
- Drug crimes
- Sale/intent to sell
- Felony DUI (drunk driving)
- Firearm and other weapons offenses
Consequences Upon Conviction
A guilty plea or conviction will alter the entire course of your life. It is important to know what the possible punishments are.
- There are different classifications of felonies in Pennsylvania. The consequences for a conviction depend on the degree of the felony. Regardless of the degree, you may be facing extensive time in jail or prison, large monetary fines, restitution to any victims, among other punishments.
- Additionally, you will have a permanent criminal record. As a convicted felon, you may be ineligible for certain types of employment, unable to get a loan or rental housing, own a firearm and more.
It is important to know that along with monetary fines and prison, your life may be impacted by a conviction in numerous ways. Therefore it is so important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can fight the charges you are facing.
Do Not Wait Any Longer To Talk To Us
If you are facing felony charges, you need to have a lawyer on your side as soon as possible. To schedule a free consultation with us, call 814-616-2928 or send us an email.